What did she say?
As you all know, Shay and I LOVE food and do not deprive ourselves. We try to eat healthy during the week and then on the weekends, treat ourselves to pizza or pasta!
We do however both workout really hard and don’t always feel like waiting until the weekend! This pasta recipe is our guilt-free go to for when we are wanting to have our carbs and eat them too! Packed with veggies and nutrients this dish hits the spot while not hitting your hips… Enjoy!
What you will need:
- 1 package wheat & gluten free pasta
- 1 jar tomato sauce of choice
- 1 red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 small zucchinis
- 1/2 bunch of kale
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1/3 cup capers
- Large handful fresh basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water and cook pasta to directions on the bag.
- To make the process easier, prepare all of your ingredients while the pasta is cooking: mince your garlic, chop your onion and kale, quarter the zucchinis and slice then keep them all separate and ready to go.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once the onion is translucent add the zucchini, chili flakes and salt & pepper to taste - cook for about 7mins until soft. Note: you will be adding capers which are quite salty so go easy on additional salt.
- The pasta should be cooked by now so drain and rest in strainer. In the same pot the pasta was in, add the tomato sauce and heat on medium-low. Add the kale to wilt.
- Once this has been wilting for about 4 minutes add the garlic, onion and zucchini mixture.
- Then add the pasta, capers and fresh basil. Serve into bowls and garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil. Dig in and enjoy.
This should feed 6 people with a nice green salad (And a glass of vino)! Below was us enjoying ours last night - yummy, yummy!
And this is Shay behind the scenes taking the photos of each step for the blog post, while I cook…Say Cheese! Now you know what we do for our recipe posts behind the scenes :)
Post by Michaela (and Shay)
“Being beautiful doesn’t mean being skinny”-Shay Mitchell
so far not now
Shay Mitchell from “Pretty Little Liars” can’t get enough of her Joyrich Florals!!! Shay rocks SS13 Joyrich ” Sunrise Blossom Hoodie” and Hat.
Behind the Scenes of Shay Mitchell’s Self Magazine Photoshoot